Max I. Walker Celebrates Employee MilestonesJanuary 22, 2020
Does Your Purse Harbor Germs & Bacteria?June 4, 2020
OMAHA, Neb. – Tuesday, March 17, 2020 – Last updated Tuesday, January 19 2021 – As a fifth-generation business, founded in 1917 by Mr. Max I. Walker himself, Max I. Walker Dry Cleaners & Launderers is a part of the fabric of the Omaha metro. As such, we wish to keep our valued customers informed of all we do to prevent the spread of illness, as well as how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting our ability to conduct business and serve customers.
Face Coverings Required
Per the Omaha City Council emergency ordinance passed 8/11/2020, all customers will be required to wear face coverings when doing business at Max I. Walker. Our employees have been wearing face masks for several weeks already, and will continue to do so. We are committed to the health and safety of our community.
Most Stores Open Regular Hours
Most of our locations are open to best serve you from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday & 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (Closed Sundays)
Due to business impacts related to the COVID-19 virus, the 114th & Davenport Store is open restricted hours of 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, with some service changes. Additionally, some of our locations have closed permanently.
The availability of same-day service varies by store. The most up-to-date information on individual store statuses and service offerings is available on our Locations Page.
For the safety of both customers and staff, all our drive-thru locations that remain open have switched to drive-thru service only. Any open locations without a drive-thru are offering curbside service, while enforcing a one-in-one-out policy in the lobby for customers who wish to come inside.
Along With Your Clean Laundry, Let Us Also Bring You Some Peace of Mind
Max I. Walker is committed to the health and safety of our community. Sterilization is and always has been a standard part of our cleaning process. The inherent process of dry cleaning, laundering, and/or pressing garments and household items sanitizes them through the use of antibacterial cleaning agents and heat/steam. Essentially, the disinfection of garments has been a top priority for us since long before you were ever forced to consider it.
For Our Customers
- In the event customers must come inside a store, hand sanitizer or an equivalent is available on our counters for customers to use before and/or after they complete their business. While we know this is not a substitute for hand washing, it is the next best thing when soap and water is not available.
- We have increased our cleaning and disinfecting procedures, and are ensuring every store has a supply of disinfecting wipes or spray cleaner available to wipe down frequently touched surfaces several times a day.
- Employees will wear a mask when serving our customers.
- We have installed Plexiglass barriers at our counters.
- We use heated environmentally friendly dry cleaning solutions and soaps that kill any living virus in the first two minutes of cleaning.
For Our Employees
- Employees have been reminded that hand sanitizer is absolutely not a substitution for proper hand washing with soap and water. They have been instructed to wash their hands frequently.
- Employees have been refreshed on proper handwashing procedures, and guidance is posted in all stores.
- Disposable gloves are available in all our stores for employees to use when handling dirty garments. They have been encouraged to use them since long before the current health concerns, but are now being mandated to do so.
Some stores have closed permanently. The most up-to-date information on individual store statuses is available on our Locations Page. If you have an order to pick up, please visit the locations page to ensure the store where you dropped your garments off is still open. In the event that it has been closed, this page will also tell you where you can now pick up your order.
At stores where drive-thru service is unavailable, we offer curbside service. The phone number to call for curbside service is posted in the window of each store. Just give us a call once you're in the parking lot and we can come pick up your order from you to be cleaned, or bring your clean order out to your car. Make sure to ask for a free dry cleaning bag to make your drop-off process fast and easy, and link your credit card to your account to make picking up quick as well.
Many of our operational stores have drive-thru service available, and customers can request a free dry cleaning and/or laundry bag that has their name and contact information on it, so they can drop off orders without coming into contact with any employees. Also consider putting your credit card information on file in our secure payment system, for a truly contact-free service.
Open Stores Offering a Drive-Thru:204th & Pacific in Elkhorn
182nd and Center Store in West Omaha
168th & Q Street Store in Millard
158th & West Maple Road
72nd & Giles in Papillion
We Can Come to You, No Extra Charge
If you wish to avoid public spaces at this time, we can pick up your dry cleaning and/or laundry from your home with our Free Home Pickup & Delivery Service, and return it cleaned and pressed 2 days later, at no additional charge.
A credit card is required to schedule your first pickup. This is so we have payment information on file when the order is completed and returned to you, ensuring a seamless transaction. Learn more or sign up on the Home Pickup & Delivery Page.