Max I. Walker
Mailing address for written requests:
1616 Burt Street
Omaha, NE 68102
What information do we collect, and how?
We collect personally identifying information only after obtaining consent, which is explicitly obtained when you subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a contact form on our website.
Anyone may visit our website anonymously. As an anonymous visitor, non-personally identifiable data about site usage may be collected.
When subscribing to our newsletter or filling out a contact form, as appropriate, we will collect personally identifying information, such as your name, company name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
How do we use the information we collect?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- Improving our website (we improve the user experience of our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To provide or improve customer service (the information you provide to us allows us to address customer service inquiries, requests, complaints, or concerns)
- To consider you for employment (the information you provide to us allows us to contact potential candidates for employment)
- To send emails (the email address you provide may be used to send you the information you have requested, as well as respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions)
- To track sent email activity (this includes email receipts and opens, link clicks, bounces, unsubscribe actions, marked as spam actions, and social media shares)
How do we protect your information?
We employ the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which is “a standard security protocol for establishing encrypted links between a web server and a browser in an online communication. The usage of SSL technology ensures that all data transmitted between the web server and browser remains encrypted.” When you submit data on our website, the SSL ensures that your information is unable to be intercepted or viewed by third-parties during transmission.
What if there is a data breach?
You will be notified within 72 hours if there is a data breach.
How long do we keep your data?
The data we collect may be stored indefinitely. However, at any time, as the owner of this data, you have the right to:
- Access the personally identifiable data that has been collected
- Have any inaccurate data be corrected or updated
- Have any data that has been collected be completely erased, and to prevent further collection of your data
- Request to restrict or suppress the use of your data
- Request your data in machine readable and human readable formats
- To object to the use of personal data that includes personal interests
- To opt out of automated decision making when it can produce an adverse legal impact or anything similar
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the above contact information, and we will confirm receipt of your request, as well as provide any necessary proof of compliance with your request. Compliance will occur within one week’s time.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, facilitating email messages, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., to evaluate the use of this website. Google Analytics places a third-party cookie on your computer that is then used to compile reports of visitor traffic and internet usage. Google Analytics does not have a database of individual profiles for each visitor and only collects non-personally identifiable data.
Akismet is enabled on this website, and all contact form submission data — IP address, user agent, name, email address, website, and message — is submitted to the Akismet service (owned by Automattic) for the sole purpose of spam checking. The actual submission data is stored in the secure database on this website and is securely transmitted directly to a Max I. Walker employee. After the data is received, it is kept in a secure environment where access to this data is restricted only to employees who need the information to perform a specific job. Employees are required to password-protect access to their computers, and keep their computer operating systems up to date.
We may contract with other third-party service providers. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can elect to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to disable all cookies via your browser settings. If you disable cookies, some of the services on our website may not function properly.
At our discretion, we may include links to third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, maps, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.