Ultra Chic Boutique
Every year, Max I. Walker customers donate their unwanted prom, wedding, bridesmaid, cocktail and other formal dresses at locations all across the Metro, and then Max I. Walker’s employees generously clean, press and mend them. Once ready, the dresses are sold for just $30 (cash) at the Ultra Chic Boutique event in January. Through 2007 to 2017 the proceeds were donated to the Open Door Mission's Lydia House.
We are excited to announce that the Max I. Walker family is partnering with the Nebraska Alzheimer's Association for the 2018 Ultra Chic Boutique.
So... you get to feel extra-special in a beautiful dress for just $30, the Nebraska Alzheimer's Association gets a donation, and you gain extra space in your closet. It’s a win-win-win!
To give to help stop the cycle of abuse and neglect of women and children in Omaha through the Nebraska Alzheimer's Association.
Donate a Dress
If you have an old prom dress, bridesmaid's dress or any dresses you'll never wear — or fit into — again, simply drop them off at your nearest Max I. Walker location. We'll clean, press and prepare your gowns, transforming them into the dress of someone's dreams.
When: February 3, 2018 from 9 AM to 3 PM
Where: A View on State | 13467 State St.
The Dress Flip
We’re asking area designers to take 3-4 of the Ultra Chic Boutique dresses and apply their creativity to "flip" them into something new. The winning dress will be announced at the 10th Annual Ultra Chic Boutique on January 28, 2017 and its designer will win $500!
The applications for our 2017 dress flip are closed, please check back in October 2017 to participate in The Dress Flip 2018 at our 11th Annual Ultra Chic Boutique.
- Contestants will be invited to a meeting at Max I. Walker to select 3-4 dresses to use in their Flip
- Elements from each of the selected Ultra Chic Boutique dresses must be incorporated in the final design
- Okay to use outside materials for details like zippers, buttons and embellishments like beads, ties, etc.
- A model will be provided to designers by Develop Model Management
- One winner will receive a $500 cash prize from Max I. Walker